Updates Span New Compute Migration Capabilities, Enhanced Cost Analysis and Improved Cloud Snapshot Management
MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Virtustream, an enterprise-class cloud company and a Dell Technologies business, today announced several significant updates to the Virtustream Enterprise Cloud platform designed to give customers better control over their IT environments and budget. Major platform enhancements include the expansion of its existing data protection portfolio, new capabilities for platform backup updates such as image-level backup and on-demand backup, and Virtustream xStream® management platform updates, improving cost and compute migration visibility. Updates also encompass new functionality and controls for virtual machine (VM) snapshots.
The Virtustream Enterprise Cloud is purpose-built for mission-critical workloads and powered by the Virtustream xStream management platform with microVM (μVM) technology, providing enterprise customers with a true consumption-based model.
“Enterprise companies with mission-critical workloads are continually looking for better visibility across their IT systems and more control of their cloud environment and expenditures. Our announcements today across our enterprise-class cloud platform gives customers the speed, agility and precision they need to make better-informed business decisions,” says Eduardo Rosa, Vice President of Technology at Virtustream.
Cloud Backup Enhancements Increase Business Precision and Efficiency
Further expanding its broad data protection portfolio, Virtustream has introduced several new features to provide customers with significantly faster recovery time objective (RTO) on qualified virtual machines. By incorporating image-level backup into the data protection portfolio, Virtustream can better capture and restore the operating system and application layers for customers on a daily, weekly, monthly or on-demand basis to precisely accommodate customer requirements, such as patch deployments.
The new enhancements span:
- Daily backup – automated, overnight full backup capabilities replace the standard weekly cadence, removing the overhead and manual efforts of incremental backups.
- Faster recovery time objective (RTO) – which significantly reduces the maximum amount of time typically necessary to restore application functionality in the event of service loss. For VMs using image-based backup, this time period can be reduced from several hours to just minutes.
- Backup on-demand – with backup data stored according to each VM’s existing policies, the new backup on-demand capabilities provide customers the flexibility to initiate backups on a case-by-case basis without the need to backup their entire environment for a single VM.
Virtustream xStream Cloud Management Platform Enhancements
Enhancements to the Virtustream xStream Cloud Management platform are designed to provide more insight and flexibility to customers, including more agile compute migration capabilities, cost analysis improvements, and more precise snapshot management. Platform advancements include:
- Compute Migration – enabling more self-service capabilities by allowing customers to move VMs between tiers of compute, with different SLAs as needed, while enforcing rules based on the quantity of virtual central processing units (vCPUs) and memory allowed in that tier.
- Cost Analysis Improvements – providing more detailed data and a more transparent view of estimated costs across any group of VMs in a customer’s environment.
- Enhanced Snapshot Management – enabling customers to more efficiently manage snapshots within the xStream portal, including new functionality and insights, such as increased details for specific VM snapshot sizing, retention and completion timing.
To learn how the Virtustream xStream Cloud Management platform can help your organization accelerate its cloud migration journey and achieve its IT and business objectives, please visit Virtustream.com today.
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStreamCare professional and managed services, and the xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meet the security, compliance, performance, efficiency, and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
*Virtustream is a trademark of Virtustream LLC. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
For press inquiries:
See the Virtustream newsroom
Frank E. Smith
Head of Global Communications, Virtustream
(512) 761- 2809