New collaboration brings together leaders in digestive health with dedication to preserving the independence of gastroenterologists and advancing digestive healthcare
SAN ANTONIO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Capital Digestive Care and Physicians Endoscopy today launched PE Practice Solutions, a unique, physician-oriented management service organization aligned with the interests of gastroenterologists in independent practice. PE Practice Solutions is the result of the collaboration between Capital Digestive Care and Physicians Endoscopy that was announced in August of this year. Leaders from both organizations will be on hand to discuss their new venture at the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) Annual Scientific Meeting being held in San Antonio, Texas, October 25-30, 2019.
“PE Practice Solutions brings together leaders in the digestive health sector with expertise in ambulatory surgery centers and GI practices of all sizes,” said David Young, President and Chief Executive Officer of Physicians Endoscopy.
Kevin Harlen, PE Practice Solutions President, notes, “We came together to create this company because of a shared vision for shaping the future of digestive care. We offer gastroenterologists a unique partnership option – to join a growing team of clinicians, improve clinical and financial outcomes, and enhance their quality of life.”
PE Practice Solutions partners with gastroenterologists in private practice, providing resources to improve operations, drive growth and enhance patient, physician and staff experiences—all while maintaining independence. Partnering with PE Practice Solutions offers gastroenterologists wanting to remain in control of their private practice a network to share data and best practices, the opportunity for growth, as well as advanced operational support with access to experts, information and tools to grow. The company reduces the burden of day-to-day business administration gastroenterologists often face by managing functions including marketing, information technology, human resources, finance, billing and collections, clinical operations, regulatory compliance, and payer contracting.
PE Practice Solutions has tapped key leaders from Capital Digestive Care and Physicians Endoscopy to position the company for success.
- David Young, Chief Executive Officer: Young brings more than 20 years of executive financial and operational expertise to PE Practice Solutions. Together with the President, he leads the company’s strategic direction. Young also serves as President and CEO of Physicians Endoscopy, an ASC management company based in Jamison, PA. Prior to joining Physicians Endoscopy, he was Chief Operating Officer of Privia Health, Inc.
- Kevin Harlen, President: Harlen leads the company’s growth initiatives with a focus on expanding the influence of Capital Digestive Care and Physicians Endoscopy across the Mid-Atlantic region. He is an active industry advocate through roles as Executive Director of the Digestive Health Physicians Association and Treasurer of the National Capital Chapter of the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation.
- Michael Weinstein, MD, President & CEO, Capital Digestive Care: Weinstein works closely with executive physician and administrative leadership to identify strategic growth opportunities. He represents physicians across the medical, political and regulatory landscapes as President and Chair of the Board of the Digestive Health Physicians Association.
- Brian Orgen, Senior Vice President, Operations: Orgen oversees the company’s day-to-day business operations. He has served in operational roles in the healthcare industry for nearly 15 years, most recently as the national Vice President of Revenue Cycle Management for Privia Health, Inc. His areas of expertise include, scaling operational efficiency, identifying/activating new growth opportunities and transforming practices around value-based care.
- Cara Reymann, Senior Vice President, Practice Operations & Marketing: Reymann leads PE Practice Solutions’ marketing and branding strategy and drives value for the company’s and partner practices, leading practice initiatives and working closely with PE Practice Solutions’ leadership to identify growth opportunities. Reymann is a member of the Board of Directors for the Maryland Medical Group Management Association.
- David Smith, Senior Vice President, IT & Security: Smith will oversee all aspects of technical support operations, infrastructure, telecommunications, clinical and financial applications and cybersecurity. As a Certified Healthcare Chief Information Officer, he also will continue to serve in industry leadership roles with CHiME, AEHIS, ISACA and HIMSS.
PE Practice Solutions will be featured at Physicians Endoscopy’s booth at the ACG Annual Scientific Meeting -- #332. More information is also available at https://www.capitaldigestivecare.com/joinus.