EMERYVILLE, CA –– Peet’s Coffee has expanded its breakfast sandwich offerings across its California-based cafés and is celebrating the milestone by introducing the new Egg & Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich. The Egg & Cheddar will join five existing breakfast sandwich options and all six are now available in their California, Illinois and DC Metro Area cafés before expanding into new markets.
“The cultural trend around breakfast has grown dramatically in recent years and as part of our ongoing effort to provide premium food offerings that complement our sophisticated craft coffee, we have expanded our breakfast sandwich reach to full fleet in California while also adding the new Egg & Cheddar sandwich to our existing assortment,” said Paul Clayton, Retail President, Peet’s Coffee. “We understand that breakfast is an important meal and it is key for the company to offer a variety of breakfast sandwiches that are healthy and hearty to meet the diverse needs of our customers.”
From Flavorful Coffee to Flavorful Food: Peet’s Coffee Continues to Innovate its Offerings
In response to a growing appetite from customers, Peet’s unveiled in select East Coast and Mid-West markets a breakfast sandwich menu in the fall 2015. The soft launch not only included unique meal options comprised of flavors catering to all palates, but also involved outfitting designated cafés with state-of-the-art ovens and training café associates to provide a top-notch breakfast experience that mirrors the brand’s approach to handcrafting coffee.
In keeping with Peet’s strict standards of quality, the menu leverages superior ingredients sourced specifically from choice vendors. All of Peet’s breakfast sandwiches are under 400 calories, with four of the six sandwiches having less than 300 calories. While all the sandwiches are produced with cage-free eggs, two are also made with egg whites.
The full breakfast sandwich menu, which ranges in cost from $3.45 to $4.75 USD, will now feature:
- Egg & Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich – home-style, cage-free fried egg, and aged cheddar on sprouted 7-grain toast.
- Bacon & Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich – a classic combination of smoky bacon, aged cheddar, and cage-free scrambled eggs on rustic sourdough toast.
- Smoked Ham & Gouda Breakfast Sandwich – smoked ham, aged Gouda, and cage-free scrambled eggs on an English muffin with a light schmear of herb butter to bring it all together.
- Maple Chicken Sausage Breakfast Sandwich – sweet and savory maple chicken sausage, balanced with mild Swiss cheese, and cage-free egg whites on a tender potato bun.
- Kale & Goat Cheese Breakfast Flatbread – kale and roasted tomato pesto, creamy goat cheese, and cage-free egg whites on crispy lavash bread.
- Chicken Chorizo Breakfast Flatbread – crumbled chicken chorizo, shredded jack and cheddar cheeses, and cage-free scrambled eggs on crispy lavash bread.
“The breakfast sandwich lineup represents our commitment to evolving and improving the customer experience,” said Liz Berman, Vice President, Retail Marketing, Peet’s Coffee. “And we are thrilled to add the new Egg & Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich — which is made with the same wholesome ingredients as our other breakfast items — to our existing menu. Peetniks can now enjoy an array of delicious, filling, and quality breakfast sandwiches that complement our handcrafted coffee.”
Peet’s is privately held by JAB Holding Company.