SALT LAKE CITY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--#IIoT--Monnit Corporation (monnit.com) today announced the release of the ALTA® Propane Tank Monitor which allows users to check propane levels from anywhere. With the ability to integrate with both Sr and Jr R3D® Remote Ready gauges, the monitor offers a plug-and-play remote monitoring solution.
“Several of our propane industry customers asked for the capability to check tank levels before arriving on-site,” said Brad Walters, Monnit CEO. “This remote monitor will save energy companies massive amounts of time and fuel by eliminating unnecessary physical checks. More importantly for propane customers, the monitor’s alerts ensure that they will never run dry.”
What IoT brings to the propane industry
The ALTA Propane Tank Monitor enables propane supply companies a needs-based delivery option instead of schedule-based delivery, eliminating unnecessary:
- Time spent physically checking tanks with sufficient propane levels
- Fuel used to reach remote tanks which don’t need servicing
- Wear and tear on service vehicles
Preventing tanks from running dry also means the propane companies don’t need to spend extra time reinitializing a customer’s propane system and saves customers from having to pay hundreds for reinitialization.
- Transmits the exact reading from a Sr or Jr R3D Remote Ready gauge
- Configurable text, email and call alerts
- Industry-leading range: 1,200+ feet (through 12+ walls)
- Exceptional battery life delivers 12+ years of monitoring using two AAs
- Bank-level encryption keeps data safe
- Global frequencies for international use
Discover more about the ALTA Propane Tank Monitor here.
About Monnit Corporation
Monnit is the industry-leading innovator in developing self-installed, cost-effective wireless sensor solutions for commercial and industrial markets. Enterprise and SMB customers use Monnit sensors to remotely monitor 70+ variables (including temperature, motion, humidity and vibration) and receive alerts based on user-defined conditions. Products are fully tested for use anywhere in the world; they are FCC, CE and IC compliant. Find your Monnit monitoring solution at monnit.com.