SAN FRANCISCO — Juicero is a new health and wellness company on a mission to make it easier to consume more servings of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables. The company has announced the first countertop cold-press juicing system, uniting technology, agriculture and design to make raw, organic, home juicing effortless.
Juicero’s “farm-to-glass” system includes:
- Juicero Press: The Juicero Press is WiFi-enabled, built with breakthrough technology to fit industrial grade force into an elegantly designed, countertop machine with one-button operation.
- Juicero Packs: Juicero’s proprietary Packs contain 100 percent raw, organic produce that is triple washed, chopped, mixed, packed and delivered to your home ready for juicing. The innovative design allows the produce to breathe until the moment of pressing, ensuring fresh juice in every glass. At launch, Packs will come in five flavors: Greens, Sweet Greens, Spicy Greens, Carrot Beet, and Sweet Roots.
- Juicero App: The Juicero mobile app – compatible with iOS and Android devices – is required for first-time setup of the Juicero Press. Once set up, the App helps you:
- See the origins, nutritional benefits, and freshness of your produce
- Track your current Juicero Pack inventory
- Schedule, modify or cancel upcoming Pack deliveries
U.S. Dietary Guidelines recommend that at least 50 percent of fruit and vegetable intake should come from whole produce, leaving the other 50 percent to come from innovative, nutrient-dense forms like 100 percent juice with no added sugars. Yet, more than 90 percent of Americans fail to consume enough fresh fruits and vegetables. Juicero addresses this produce gap by delivering fresh fruits and vegetables from organic farms to your doorstep in ready-to-press Juicero Packs, so people can create delicious cold-pressed juice in the comfort of their home in just minutes, with absolutely no prep or cleanup required.
“I discovered the benefits of consuming raw, organic fruits and vegetables more than 17 years ago and have made it my personal mission to bring plant-based nutrition to more people so they can live their best lives,” said Doug Evans, founder and CEO at Juicero. “Just as the shift from the mainframe computer to desktop PC’s transformed the computing industry, Juicero will exponentially expand the cold-press juicing industry by taking the power of commercial grade cold-press machines and putting it in a device that can fit on your kitchen countertop. I’m tremendously grateful to our dedicated team who is making it possible to help people achieve optimal health in the most convenient way possible.”
Juicero’s team is comprised of passionate leaders and experts across organic farming, business, design, technology, food safety and nutrition who are focused on disrupting the way people consume fresh organic products and paving the path for the future of food and health. Juicero has raised over $100M to date. Investors include Artis Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Thrive Capital, Campbell Soup Company, Two Sigma Ventures, DBL Partners, First Beverage Group, Acre Venture Partners, and others.
The Juicero Press retails for $699; Juicero Packs cost $4-$10 each, based on the flavor. Juicero will be available first in California; Juicero Presses will begin shipping Summer 2016. Juicero will be partnering with select health, lifestyle, and food brands including Le Pain Quotidien and Gracias Madre to offer the Juicero experience.