Apple is one of the world’s leading makers of technology products including Macintosh computers, iPhone smartphones, Apple Watch and iPad tablets. The company is known for easy-to-use products and cutting-edge designs.
In 2021, Apple said it had more than 1 billion active iPhones worldwide and over 1.65 billion total devices including iPads and Macs.
Apple has become the world’s most valuable company based on stock market capitalization valued at nearly $2.5 trillion.
The company reported total revenues of $274.5 billion in 2020 with net income of $57.5 billion. Sales of the iPhone were $137.7 billion or nearly half of total company sales. Mac sales were $28.6 billion in 2020 and iPad sales were $23.7 billion. Services which include subscriptions to Apple Care, Apple TV+, Apple Music and Apple News+ made up $53.7 billion or 16% of company revenues.
Apple is one of the most cash-rich companies in the world on the strength of iPhone sales. The company reported $191.8 billion in cash and marketable securities at end of 2020.
Apple went public on December 12, 1980 at $22.00 per share. The stock has split five times since the IPO, so on a split-adjusted basis the IPO share price was $.10.
The company built a spaceship-style headquarters campus in Cupertino known as Apple Park which opened in April 2017 at an estimated cost of $5 billion. The company’s original headquarters at 1 Infinite Loop is also in Cupertino several miles away.
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Medical plans with onsite doctors and nurses at Apple campuses. Plans also include well-child exams, childhood immunizations, and fertility treatments
- Paid time off and parental leave
- Deals on Apple products and services
- Apple will match donations $1 for $1 and pay $25 per hour of volunteer work up to $10,000 per year
- Reimbursement of education expenses
- Apple University for classes and seminars
Updated August 24, 2021