Amazon users will seen be able to pay for their orders with Venmo on Amazon.com and on the Amazon mobile app. Venmo is owned by PayPal and has nearly 90 million active customers in the U.S.
Starting to rollout to select Amazon customers, Venmo will be available to United States customers by Black Friday. Venmo says its users shop over two times more frequently than the average shopper and are 19% more likely to make repeat purchases.
Once available, paying with Venmo on Amazon is easy to set up and use for your purchases:
- During checkout, you will first need to add Venmo as a payment option.
- You will select “Select a payment method” and then tap “Add a Venmo account.”
- This will open the Venmo app, where you can allow Amazon to charge Venmo for future purchases.
- Next, an Amazon confirmation screen will be displayed, where you can also choose to set Venmo as your default payment method for future Amazon purchases.
- You can always change your preference by going to “Settings” and then clicking “Connected Businesses” in the Venmo App.