Snowflake increases investments in its relationship with AWS in the areas of ML/AI and customer connectivity
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Snowflake, a cloud data platform, today announced that it is deepening its relationship with AWS to provide a seamless customer experience. As a testament to this, Snowflake recently achieved the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Competency status. The AWS Competency Program highlights AWS Partner Network (APN) members that have passed a rigorous audit of their security, architecture and customer adoption, and have exhibited proven success supporting customers in specialized solution areas. Achieving AWS Competency status in these categories differentiates Snowflake as an APN member that delivers highly specialized technical proficiency.
This announcement is the latest example of Snowflake’s relationship with AWS, which has yielded many important milestones for customers. Recent milestones include:
- Pre-configured integration between Snowflake and Amazon SageMaker, a solution that provides developers and data scientists with the ability to build, train and deploy ML models quickly. In addition, AWS and Snowflake recently published an eBook on using Amazon SageMaker with Snowflake.
- Snowflake integration with Amazon Forecast and Amazon Personalize enabling enterprises to benefit from best practices established by AI and ML services in the retail world.
- Snowflake achievement of the AWS PrivateLink Ready designation. This designation differentiates Snowflake as APN member with a product integration that helps customers in regulated industries, such as finance, healthcare and more, migrate to the cloud.
- Snowflake integration with Amazon Managed Streaming for Apache Kafka (Amazon MSK), a fully managed service that makes it easy for users to build and run applications that use Apache Kafka to process streaming data. This integration is in addition to Snowflake’s integration with other related AWS solutions such as Amazon Kinesis and AWS Glue.
- Snowflake integration with Amazon Aurora to help customers meet their Online Transactional Processing and Online Analytical Processing needs.
- Snowflake availability on AWS announced in Canada and Singapore.
- Together, Snowflake and AWS hosted more than 300 “Zero to Snowflake” workshops in 2019, showcasing the benefits of migrating to Snowflake on AWS to thousands of technology experts.
Customers like Yamaha Corporation, the Japanese multinational enterprise with a wide range of products focused on sound and music, benefit from Snowflake’s relationship with AWS.
“Since its foundation in 1887, Yamaha’s mission has been to manufacture products related to sounds and music that capture that special moment when our customers’ hearts tremble,” Yahama’s Director of IT, Ishwar Bharbhari, said. “With Snowflake's unique and forward-thinking cloud data platform solution and AWS’s reliable, scalable cloud services, we can now use data-driven decisions to create better products, provide better services and ultimately, develop even closer ties with our customers.”
“Snowflake’s cloud data platform was designed to break down the technology and architecture barriers that hold back organizations from maximizing the full value of their data,” said Colleen Kapase, Vice President of WW Partners at Snowflake. “We’re thrilled to have achieved AWS ML Competency and AWS Retail Competency status, and continue to build on our relationship with AWS to power our customers’ data analytics needs today and tomorrow.”
“Both Snowflake and AWS are highly customer-centric organizations with laser-focus on enabling our joint customers’ analytics workloads,” said Josh Hofmann, Director, Partner Ecosystem, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “We are pleased to recognize Snowflake for their integrations to AWS ML, database and data streaming services which help power data driven innovation at organizations across the world.”
AWS is enabling scalable, flexible and cost-effective solutions for companies ranging from startups to global enterprises. To support the seamless integration and deployment of these solutions, AWS established the AWS Competency Program to help customers identify APN Consulting and Technology Partners with deep industry experience and expertise.
- Snowflake: snowflake.com
- Snowflake Twitter: twitter.com/SnowflakeDB
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/snowflake-computing
Snowflake’s cloud data platform shatters the barriers that have prevented organizations of all sizes from unleashing the true value from their data. More than 2,000 customers deploy Snowflake to advance their businesses beyond what was once possible by deriving all the insights from all their data by all their business users. Snowflake equips organizations with a single, integrated platform that offers the only data warehouse built for the cloud; instant, secure and governed access to their entire network of data; and a core architecture to enable many types of data workloads, including a single platform for developing modern data applications. Snowflake: Data without limits. Find out more at Snowflake.com.
Snowflake PR Manager