ServiceNow recognized among top providers in the VSM Solutions market for newly introduced DevOps solution
SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ServiceNow (NYSE: NOW), the leading digital workflow company that makes work, work better for people, has been named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Value Stream Management Solutions, Q3 2020. According to the report, ServiceNow “delivers a winning combination, leading with strong governance.”
The report continues, “ServiceNow’s very strong governance and compliance capabilities enable users (even in highly regulated industries) to create a system of continuous deployment by automatically connecting ServiceNow’s digital policies with evidence captured from DevOps tools to create a system of automated governance. Its strong compliance capabilities feature support for automated audits and full traceability, enabling clients to automate change approvals and in turn minimizing the need for manual change approvals, to further enable fully automated deployments.”
“Just eight months after the release of our DevOps product, we feel that it is an incredible achievement to be recognized as a Leader by Forrester,” said RJ Jainendra, vice president and general manager of DevOps and IT business management at ServiceNow. “We attribute this recognition to the power of ServiceNow’s Now Platform applied to Value Stream Management and the capabilities that products on the platform provide. ServiceNow is transforming the world of work by delivering DevOps workflows that identify and fix bottlenecks in the flow of value to accelerate the pace of digital transformation. From our perspective, Forrester’s recognition underscores our commitment to simplify and automate development processes that help our customers move from a project to product orientation to deliver enterprise-wide transformations and realize the true promise of DevOps.”
According to the Forrester report, in the DevOps and VSM market, customers should seek offerings with benefits that include:
- A system of visibility: Delivering “out-of-the-box metrics that inform leaders on velocity, capacity, types of work being processed, as well as work in progress to enable leaders to create baselines and determine how well they are executing against plan.”
- Deep analytics: Offering “analytical engines that allow what-if analysis to help leaders test ideas and hypotheses for removing bottlenecks and increasing throughput.”
- Automated governance and compliance: In the report, one ServiceNow customer from an EU bank said, “‘…with VSM, we are now able to marry the data from DevOps with our policy engine to create automated governance. It enables a fully automated CD pipeline.’”
- Emphasis on innovation: “Innovations such as simulation engines to enable what-if analysis, analytical tools to help correlate events with outcomes, investments in architecture to enable VSM at scale, and investments in AI and machine learning (ML) to augment decision making are important steps that will progress VSM tools forward.”
Furthering its investment in governance and compliance, ServiceNow announced an agreement to acquire Sweagle, a Belgium based configuration data management company, in June to extend ServiceNow’s DevOps and IT Operations Management capabilities to deal with the complexities that arise from the explosion of configuration data. With Sweagle, ServiceNow DevOps will provide customers the ability to leverage machine learning to identify and help prevent potential misconfigurations from causing outages, meaning DevOps teams will be able to deliver software changes more rapidly with less risk.
ServiceNow’s approach to Value Stream Management leverages key capabilities, from ServiceNow DevOps and IT Business Management, and the Now Platform, working seamlessly with IT Service Management, IT Operations Management and Governance, Risk and Compliance. Key benefits of the ServiceNow approach to VSM include:
- Simplifying and scaling enterprise DevOps by extending the power of the Now Platform across the software development and deployment process;
- Automating change creation, tracking and approval to quickly deliver innovations without compromising quality; and
- Minimizing risk by automatically gathering and connecting information from the DevOps toolchain to maintain an end-to-end audit trail – all in one place.
A complimentary copy of the report is available here.
ServiceNow (NYSE: NOW) is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. For more information, visit: www.servicenow.com.
© 2020 ServiceNow, Inc. All rights reserved. ServiceNow, the ServiceNow logo, Now, and other ServiceNow marks are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of ServiceNow, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Other company names, product names, and logos may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.