Kinetic by Windstream Offers Tips to Protect Families and Private Information
LITTLE ROCK, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Each year, the Department of Homeland Security designates October as National Cybersecurity Awareness Month. It’s a good time to remember that not all scary scenarios are reserved for Halloween. While government and law enforcement resources are dedicated to national cybersecurity, everyone needs to do their part to manage security for their homes and businesses.
“Because 2020 has seen a major disruption to all our lives, how we work, learn and entertain our families is more virtual than ever,” said Tony Spurlin, chief information security officer for Kinetic by Windstream. “That’s made it vital that we keep our online connections secure. Criminals are always looking for a way in and they only need to be successful once, but their intended victims have to get it right every time.”
Some quick tips to remember on securing your devices:
- Avoid using free or open Wi-Fi networks.
- Implement multifactor authentication to secure your information.
- Keep criminals guessing on your passwords.
- Make sure all software on computers is up to date, including software on smartphones.
- Consider how much information is appropriate to share on social sites.
- Remember, wireless technology in your office means machines are constantly exchanging data in order to complete tasks. Make sure your wireless configurations are correct to keep someone from hacking private information going to the printer.
- Consider products that monitor and protect your devices, like Kinetic Secure.
Award-winning Kinetic Secure blocks viruses, malware and ransomware. The total internet protection secures online identity, date and transactions, as well as defends families from cybercrime. It even tracks as you enter websites of financial institutions and can warn you if they are deemed risky based on industry criteria.
For more information on Cybersecurity Awareness Month, visit the blog for Kinetic by Windstream.
Windstream Holdings is a privately held communications and software company. Windstream offers managed communications services, including SD-WAN and UCaaS, and high-capacity bandwidth and transport services to businesses across the U.S. The company also provides premium broadband, entertainment and security services through an enhanced fiber network and 5G fixed wireless service to consumers and small and midsize businesses primarily in rural areas in 18 states. Additional information is available at windstream.com or windstreamenterprise.com. Follow us on Twitter at @Windstream.