Recognition Underscores the Company's Commitment to Philanthropy in Northern California and Beyond
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cohesity today announced that it has been named Corporate Philanthropy Volunteer of the Year by Special Olympics Northern California (SONC). The company was honored as a part of the Special Olympics Volunteers of the Year Awards Show held virtually on Oct. 18.
"Giving back to the communities we work and live in is a staple of Cohesity's philosophy, and we are extremely honored to be recognized by Special Olympics Northern California as Corporate Philanthropy Volunteer of the Year," said Mohit Aron, founder and CEO, Cohesity. "We are proud to be associated with an organization that has done so much for the Northern California region, giving countless children and adults the opportunity to demonstrate courage, experience joy, and develop meaningful skills and friendships that can last a lifetime.”
“We're so grateful to foster long-term relationships with our corporate partners and can't thank Cohesity enough for their dedication and support,” said David Solo, president and CEO of Special Olympics Northern California. “Cohesity believes in our mission to enrich the lives of children and adults with intellectual disabilities through sports and is playing an active role to build a more inclusive world. We are proud to recognize Cohesity as our 2019 Corporate Philanthropy Volunteer of the Year and look forward to growing the partnership in the future.”
Cohesity has worked with SONC on a number of initiatives, including:
- Charity activities during the 2019 VMworld conference, including putt-putt golf, an award ceremony hosted by Pro Football Hall of Fame receiver Jerry Rice, as well as a dollar-for-dollar match on the first $50,000 raised for the Special Olympics during the event.
- A VIP experience for SONC Athlete Leaders, coaches, donors, and partners at a San Francisco Giants game last summer. Guests had an opportunity to watch batting practice, meet players, and enjoy food and drinks in Oracle Park's Triples Alley before enjoying the game.
- And, more recently, a virtual night out and sing-along with Jonathan Groff (voice of Kristoff and Sven from "Frozen" and King George in the Broadway production of "Hamilton") and JD McCrary (voice of Young Simba in "The Lion King").
SONC's Volunteers of the Year Awards Show streamed on the organization's Facebook and YouTube channels and recognized recipients based on their impact in 2019 and prior. As an organization, SONC relies on the support of more than 28,000 volunteers to keep all programs and services free for athletes and their families. Volunteers of the Year are usually celebrated at the annual Summer Games, which was canceled in 2020 due to COVID-19. The 2019 SONC Volunteers of the Year included:
- Corporate Philanthropy Volunteer: Cohesity
- Coach Volunteer: Jack Nagle
- Sports Volunteer: Michele Fogal
- Law Enforcement Volunteer: Cristal Sanchez
- Schools Volunteer: Joey Stein
- Healthy Athletes Volunteer: Dr. Beth Lannon
- Rookie Volunteer: Christina Bacci
- Youth Volunteer: Maxwell Green
Since March and also due to COVID-19, SONC has initiated a number of virtual programs and resources for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and their communities, as in-person events have been suspended through the end of the year. For more information about SONC’s current programs and to support the organization, visit SONC.org.
Cohesity ushers in a new era in data management that solves a critical challenge facing businesses today: mass data fragmentation. The vast majority of enterprise data — backups, archives, file shares, object stores, and data used for dev/test and analytics — sits in fragmented infrastructure silos that make it hard to protect, expensive to manage, and difficult to analyze. Cohesity consolidates silos onto one web-scale platform, spanning on-premises, cloud, and the edge, and uniquely empowers organizations to run apps on that platform — making it easier than ever to back up and extract insights from data. Cohesity is a 2019 CNBC Disruptor and was named a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum. Visit our website and blog, follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn and like us on Facebook.
Cohesity, the Cohesity logo, SnapTree, SpanFS, DataPlatform, DataProtect, Helios, and other Cohesity marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cohesity, Inc. in the US and/or internationally. Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
Director of Corporate Communications
BOCA Communications for Cohesity