- New addition to Baxter’s Evo IQ Infusion Platform complements on-market large volumetric pump, offering opportunity to further help personalize treatment
- Incorporates web-based Dose IQ Safety Software and wireless IQ Enterprise Connectivity Suite to maximize drug library management and advance patient safety
- Designed to optimize efficiency for clinicians, with the flexibility to help meet future needs
DEERFIELD, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Baxter International Inc. (NYSE:BAX), a leader in innovative technology for medication delivery, today announced CE marking and regulatory approval from Australia’s Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) for the Evo IQ Syringe Infusion System. The company expects hospitals in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Greece, Australia and New Zealand to be among the first to receive the new system, with additional countries to follow in a series of planned regulatory submissions.
“Around the world, many clinicians prefer to have a choice between syringe and large volume infusion pumps to accommodate patient needs,” said David Ferguson, general manager of Baxter’s Medication Delivery business. “Introducing the Evo IQ Syringe Infusion System enables a wider range of infusion therapy options for different patient populations. Evolving our portfolio to build on Baxter’s infusion system expertise is key as we strive to personalize therapy and eliminate preventable harm.”
The Evo IQ Syringe Infusion System can be used to deliver small volumes of medications and other fluids to patients in a controlled manner. The device joins the Evo IQ large volumetric pump (LVP) as part of the Evo IQ Infusion Platform, a suite of smart pumps that helps enable clinicians to utilize the technology that helps meet a patient’s specific needs. With patient safety and clinician efficiency central to its design, the Evo IQ Syringe Infusion System is supported by Baxter’s web-based Dose IQ Safety Software and wireless IQ Enterprise Connectivity Suite to help reduce potentially harmful infusion programming errors. It also features a modern interface, intuitive clinical workflows and an advanced set portfolio to facilitate increased compliance and efficiency for clinicians.
“As health systems continue to treat an unprecedented number of patients due to COVID-19, launching the Evo IQ Syringe Infusion System will help Baxter increase overall supply of infusion systems in markets around the world,” said Andrew Goldney, vice president of Baxter’s Medication Delivery and Pharmaceuticals businesses in Europe. “These approvals will enable us to bring a much-needed option for delivering fluids and medications to a diverse patient population.”
Drug Library Compliance Focused on Patient Safety
The Evo IQ Syringe Infusion System incorporates technology that helps hospitals make immediate use of a drug library, the key safety feature of smart infusion pumps that helps clinicians identify infusion programming errors. Baxter’s web-based, customizable Dose IQ Safety Software and IQ Enterprise Connectivity Suite help ease drug library adoption and compliance by:
- Providing clinicians with flexibility to access Dose IQ from any computer connected to the hospital’s network
- Automatically defaulting to the drug library at power-on, and requiring fewer programming steps to start an infusion
- Providing facility-customized dosing feedback at the point of use, including drug name, soft and hard safety limits and specific drug configurations
- Enabling centralized, wireless drug library updates via the IQ Enterprise Connectivity Suite to help ensure programming across all connected Evo IQ pumps is based on the most up-to-date parameters
Designed to Optimize Efficiency with Flexibility for Tomorrow
Feedback from clinical specialists and global human factors usability studies influenced the Evo IQ Syringe Infusion System’s user-centric design. Sharing many of the Evo IQ LVP’s dynamic features, the syringe infusion system is engineered to enhance efficiencies for clinicians through:
- Intuitive hardware, software and workflows that can potentially reduce implementation, training and servicing costs
- Lightweight, portable and modular design with stacking and docking station options for bedside organization, and multiple field-replaceable components that simplify service and help reduce repair expenses
- Clear organization of critical infusion parameters on screen
- Alarms prioritized by audio and visual severity to minimize fatigue
- Functionality intentionally designed for ease of upgrades to help meet future needs
The Evo IQ Syringe Infusion System is expected to be available in select markets in Europe, Australia and New Zealand in June of 2020.
Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For more than 85 years, we’ve been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxter’s employees worldwide are now building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations. To learn more, visit www.baxter.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
For safe and proper use of this device, refer to the full Instructions for Use or the appropriate operator’s manual.
Indications for Use
The Evo IQ syringe pump is intended for use in a wide variety of patient care environments that include adult, pediatric, and neonatal. The Evo IQ syringe pump facilitates the delivery of critical and routine medications and fluids via continuous and intermittent delivery modes.
The Evo IQ volumetric pump is intended for use in a wide variety of patient care environments that include adult, pediatric, and neonatal. The Evo IQ volumetric pump facilitates the delivery of routine critical infusion therapies via continuous and intermittent delivery using primary and secondary infusion modes.
NOTE: The Evo IQ syringe pump and Evo IQ volumetric pump with Dose IQ safety software is to be used by trained healthcare professionals and is not for home use.
This release includes forward-looking statements concerning Evo IQ, Dose IQ and IQ Enterprise including availability and potential benefits associated with their use. The statements are based on assumptions about many important factors, including the following, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements: satisfaction of regulatory and other requirements; actions of regulatory bodies and other governmental authorities; product quality, manufacturing or supply, or patient safety issues; changes in law and regulations; and other risks identified in Baxter's most recent filing on Form 10-K and other SEC filings, all of which are available on Baxter's website. Baxter does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
Baxter, Evo IQ, Dose IQ and IQ Enterprise are registered trademarks of Baxter International Inc.
Bess Featherstone, (224) 948-5353
Clare Trachtman, (224) 948-3020