SAN FRANCISCO — TuneIn, a leading streaming audio app, is keeping college football fans connected with live play-by-play and full coverage on every device for free all season long. TuneIn features the home and away calls of every game for more than 140 FBS & FCS schools across every conference, including nearly ALL of the 2017 AP Top-25.
Through partnerships with ESPN, Fox Sports, IMG College, JMI Sports, Learfield, and Outfront, TuneIn is everything the college football fan needs, from anywhere in the world. This offseason TuneIn added 26 new teams, including defending National Champion Clemson Tigers (#5 in AP Top 25) through its partnership with JMI Sports, as well as Miami (FL) and North Carolina as part of its partnership with Learfield.
The San Francisco company has funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC,
For displaced fans around the world, at home or on-the-go, TuneIn offers college football fans the opportunity to go beyond the field and locker room with team profiles for fans favorite schools that includes free content like:
- Live home and away call of every game for 140 FBS & FCS schools across all conferences including the nearly all of the Top-25, via content partnerships
- Complete off-the-field coverage all season long with IMG College Sports Now airing weekdays 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. ET
- Live look-ins from around the country with IMG College Football Blitz every Saturday from 2 p.m. until Midnight ET
- The New Year’s Six, the College Football Playoff Semifinals and the National Championship Game through ESPN Radio
- All national broadcasts from Kickoff Weekend, Regular Season, Conference Championship Games and Bowl games are available through ESPN Radio, Westwood One, Compass Media and Sports USA Media
- Live, original and on-demand college football audio content
- Plus, teams are able to deploy their own audio content on their profiles to bring their fans the most insider coverage possible
“TuneIn is proud of our large network of dedicated partners who work in tandem in providing our listeners a large platform of content for the ultimate college football listening experience,” said TuneIn Chief Content Officer Kevin Straley. “With FREE content including game highlights, pre-game and post-game shows, coaches shows and insiders podcast, as well LIVE and on-demand coverage, TuneIn is the go-to app for college football fans.”
As a new offering this season, TuneIn and IMG will launch the debut of College Football Rewind, featuring play-by-play highlights from the most significant College Football moments each weekend, as well as commentary from College Sports Now personalities live on Sundays at 10 a.m. ET during the regular season. IMG and TuneIn will also team up for play-by-play broadcasts and team-specific college sports content for more than 60 IMG College partner universities across every conference.
In addition, TuneIn and Learfield, partners since 2013, are adding new schools this year, including Miami (FL) (#18 in AP Top 25), North Carolina (also the defending National Champions in college basketball), Cal and Utah to its robust roster. Additionally, TuneIn added Bowling Green, Colorado State, Florida Atlantic, Fresno State, Idaho, Illinois State, LA Tech, Nevada, North Texas, Northern Arizona, Providence, Rhode Island, San Jose State, Saint Louis University, Toledo, Tulsa, UC Davis, UNLV, Utah State, UTSA and Wyoming.
TuneIn is available to fans around the world on more than 200 platforms, including smartphones, smart speakers, tablets, vehicles and gaming consoles.