BENTONVILLE, AR — Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT), the world’s leading retailer, reported revenues of $138.8 billion in the holiday quarter of 2018, an increase of 1.9%.
U.S. eCommerce sales were up 40% as the company has improved its website and offered two-day free shipping on thousands of items.
Walmart now offers grocery pickup at over 2,100 stores in the U.S. and delivery at 800+ stores.
- Total revenue was $138.8 billion, an increase of $2.5 billion, or 1.9%. Excluding currency, total revenue was $140.5 billion, an increase of $4.2 billion, or 3.1%.
- Walmart U.S. comp sales on a two-year stack of 6.8% is the strongest growth in 9 years.
- Walmart U.S. eCommerce continued to benefit from the expansion of grocery pickup and delivery and a broader assortment on Walmart.com.
- Sam’s Club comp sales increased 3.3%, and eCommerce sales grew 21%.
- Net sales at Walmart International were $32.3 billion, a decline of 2.3%. Excluding currency, net sales were $34.0 billion, an increase of 2.7%.
- Adjusted EPS excludes the effects of two items:
- A charge of $0.17 due to an adjustment in the provisional amount related to Tax Reform
- An unrealized gain of $0.03 on the company’s equity investment in JD.com
Fiscal year 2019 highlights
- Total revenue was $514.4 billion, an increase of $14.1 billion, or 2.8%. Excluding currency, total revenue was $515.1 billion, an increase of $14.8 billion, or 3.0%.
- Walmart U.S. comp sales increased 3.6%. Grocery pickup and delivery are available in more than 2,100 and nearly 800 locations, respectively.
- Walmart U.S. eCommerce sales increased 40%. Net Promoter Score and the company’s Customer Value Index continue to improve.
- The company generated $27.8 billion in operating cash flow and returned $13.5 billion to shareholders through dividends and share repurchases.
- Adjusted EPS excludes the effects of three items:
- A charge of $1.54 related to the sale of a majority stake in Walmart Brazil
- An unrealized loss of $0.95 on the company’s equity investment in JD.com
- A charge of $0.16 due to an adjustment in the provisional amount related to Tax Reform