The global awards program adds new Data Application of the Year category to honor the most innovative data-driven application on Snowflake
SAN MATEO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Snowflake, the cloud data platform, today announced that nominations are open for the second annual Data Drivers global awards program. The Data Drivers Awards will recognize both companies and individuals who exemplify what it means to implement data-driven strategies that deliver increased innovation, business value and customer experience.
The Data Drivers Awards program features three nomination categories: Business Awards, Individual & Team Awards, and the most coveted award of all, Data Driver of the Year. Within the Business and Individual & Team Awards are multiple sub-categories for nomination. For each award, three finalists will be chosen by a panel of industry experts and Snowflake leaders.
2020 Data Drivers Awards categories are:
NEW CATEGORY: Data Application of the Year
- This award recognizes an organization that builds the most innovative data-driven applications on Snowflake.
Machine Learning Masters
- An organization that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to reveal data-driven insights to transform the customer journey and the user experience.
Data Sharing Leaders
- An organization revolutionizing data as a strategic business asset, transforming their business through easily and securely sharing and monetizing live, governed data with customers and business partners.
Data For Good
- An organization using enhanced data analytics to help save, extend, and improve lives and/or the environment, globally.
Individual & Team Awards
Data Executive of the Year (Individual)
- A key individual (CTO, CIO, or VP-level) who serves as a strategic leader, pioneering cloud data analytics within their organization and breaking new ground in their industry.
Data Pioneer of the Year (Individual)
- A technology leader championing and driving the implementation of their company’s modern data analytics program.
Data Science Manager of the Year (Individual)
- A technology trailblazer who has implemented a world-class data science program within their organization through data visualization.
Best Data Team (Team)
- An outstanding business intelligence or data science team driving the success of its data-driven enterprise by unifying enterprise data and empowering analytics users.
2020 Data Driver of the Year
- This top category honors an organization that epitomizes what it means to be data-driven. The winner will have a story that shows how a well-implemented cloud data analytics strategy impacts numerous facets within their business.
In addition to recognition as one of the most innovative technology trailblazers in the world, Data Drivers Awards finalists will receive a VIP pass, round-trip airfare, and hotel accommodation for Snowflake Summit, Snowflake’s second-annual global user conference taking place in Las Vegas June 1-4, 2020. Winners will be announced onstage during the Snowflake Summit party.
“After the excitement around last year’s Data Driver Awards, we’re looking forward to showcasing new customers and their innovations in the awards program again this year,” Snowflake Chief Marketing Officer, Denise Persson, said. “Nominations for your organization, team, or a partner are a great way to highlight the achievements of companies and individuals utilizing Snowflake to empower their ecosystem with data-driven insights.”
Snowflake customers can submit a nomination starting today and running through April 3rd, 2020. Finalists will be announced in April and winners will be notified confidentially ahead of the public announcement at Snowflake Summit.
Snowflake’s cloud data platform shatters the barriers that have prevented organizations of all sizes from unleashing the true value from their data. More than 2,000 customers deploy Snowflake to advance their businesses beyond what was once possible by deriving all the insights from all their data by all their business users. Snowflake equips organizations with a single, integrated platform that offers the only data warehouse built for the cloud; instant, secure and governed access to their entire network of data; and a core architecture to enable many types of data workloads, including a single platform for developing modern data applications. Snowflake: Data without limits. Find out more at Snowflake.com.
Snowflake PR Manager