AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--#HIDGlobal--HID Global, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today unveiled its new HID® ELEMENT product line, the industry’s first heavy-duty, fully modular desktop-based card personalization portfolio that establishes a new category for mid-range and high-volume market segments. The portfolio’s enhanced card production capabilities, flexible system architecture and cost-effective deployment model empower organizations to create custom secure ID and financial card production solutions for a variety of use cases and applications.
“From government entities to financial card issuers and service bureaus, customers around the world have unique card personalization and issuance requirements where traditional direct-to-card printers and large production machines may be too cost- or space-prohibitive,” said Craig Sandness, Vice President and Managing Director of Secure Issuance with HID Global. “By bridging the gap between desktop printers and central issuance machines, our HID ELEMENT product line pioneers a new approach for delivering a host of highly configurable options that address current and evolving customer challenges.”
The HID ELEMENT portfolio delivers optimal card personalization and accommodates projects that require high-resolution UV ink printing, laser engraving or both. Designed to serve government and financial institutions, medium-to-large enterprise corporations and service bureaus, its best-in-class features address the demand for greater print speed, higher resolution, larger card output and better cost-per-card economy.
Key product line features that enable a variety of configuration options include:
- Precision UV-cured, Drop on Demand (DOD) inkjet card printing Options span full-color over-the-edge or monochrome text and graphics printing, with as many as six configurable ink channels. Users have options for custom colors, fluorescents, and color tactile effects.
- Laser engraving system for tamper-proof, high-durability card personalization Deliver secure sub-surface or tactile effect black markings and precise greyscale imaging in a laser engraving-only system or combined with a color UV ink module.
- Multiple card encoding options HID OMNIKEY® or third-party (Smartware®) contact and contactless reader and programmer functionality and magstripe support.
- Lenticular personalization Multiple/Changeable Laser Image (MLI/CLI) engraved images or data shift with the viewing angle for convenient authentication.
- Optional modules Additional input/output card hopper for a total capacity of as many as 1,600 cards and a camera system for registration and verification.
Click here for more information about the HID ELEMENT product line.
Stay Connected with HID Global
About HID Global
HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world’s people, places and things. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. Our trusted identity solutions give people convenient access to physical and digital places and connect things that can be identified, verified and tracked digitally. Millions of people around the world use HID products and services to navigate their everyday lives, and over 2 billion things are connected through HID technology. We work with governments, educational institutions, hospitals, financial institutions, industrial businesses and some of the most innovative companies on the planet.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 4,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
© 2020 HID Global Corporation/ASSA ABLOY AB. All rights reserved. HID, HID Global, the HID Blue Brick logo and the Chain Design are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global, ASSA ABLOY AB, or its affiliates(s) in the US and other countries and may not be used without permission. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Senior Director of PR and Communications