Garmin adds pregnancy tracking as an extension to menstrual cycle tracking for the most holistic view of a woman’s health with a fitness wearable
OLATHE, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Garmin® International, Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), today announced pregnancy tracking, giving moms-to-be a snapshot of their pregnancy alongside their other health, wellness and activity data. Through the Garmin Connect™ app and compatible Garmin smartwatch1, users can log pregnancy-related symptoms, track baby movement, create customizable reminders, receive exercise and nutrition tips and more. Created for women by women, pregnancy tracking is Garmin’s latest innovative women’s health feature following the announcement of menstrual cycle tracking in 2019. See pregnancy tracking in action here.
- Enter baby’s due date and track progress on a pregnancy timeline including baby’s size as it compares to common fruits and vegetables.
- Learn how fitness and performance metrics fluctuate during pregnancy with the option to adjust heart rate alerts, monitor hydration and even pause training status completely.
- Receive education on symptoms to expect and nutrition tips. Opt-in to receive weekly weight gain recommendations.
- Create customized reminders that are delivered directly to the user’s smartwatch to drink water, log symptoms, do Kegel exercises and more.
- Manually log 30+ symptoms, three types of baby movement, blood glucose levels, notes and more. Get a summary of logged data for easy sharing during checkups.
- Use the Pregnancy Tracking Connect IQ™ app to conveniently and discreetly log this information from a compatible smartwatch.
- Contraction Timer Connect IQ app lets mom and labor partner track the duration and frequency of labor contractions from a compatible Garmin smartwatch.
“Garmin remains committed to creating products and features for women throughout all phases of their life,” said Susan Lyman, Garmin vice president of global consumer marketing. “The positive feedback we received when we launched menstrual cycle tracking was a clear indication that our female customers are looking for more opportunities to use technology to improve their health and fitness. It’s our hope that this pregnancy tracking feature helps women make sense of how their pregnancy ties into their active lifestyles and overall well-being.”
For women maintaining an exercise regimen throughout their pregnancy, Garmin Connect offers additional ways to customize settings within the app and supported devices, including the ability to:
- Pause training status, since status often will decrease with the increased heart rate and blood volume that comes with pregnancy.
- Enable high heart rate alerts for activities so users can monitor their heart rate and stay within their doctors’ recommendations.
- Adjust daily hydration goals.
Pregnancy tracking is activated from the Garmin Connect app on a compatible smartphone within the menstrual cycle tracking feature allowing women to easily transition from logging their cycle to tracking a current pregnancy. The feature is available for many of Garmin’s best-selling wearables, including the Venu®, vívoactive®, Forerunner® and fēnix® series through the Connect IQ store. Pregnancy tracking is also available on the vívomove® series through the Women’s Health Tracking widget. More information about pregnancy tracking, including how to get set up, is available here.
About Garmin Connect
Garmin Connect is a free online fitness community that allows users to analyze training progress, set and track goals, and share activities with other Garmin Connect users or on social media sites. Relive a run, evaluate heart rate, compete on segments and join online challenges for extra motivation to reach fitness goals.
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionized the wellness industry. Committed to developing wearables and health measurement tools that help people of all activity levels lead healthier lives, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday. For more information, visit Garmin's virtual pressroom at garmin.com/newsroom, contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200, or follow us at facebook.com/garmin, twitter.com/garminnews, instagram.com/garminwellness or youtube.com/garmin.
1 View compatible devices here
About Garmin International, Inc. Garmin International, Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN). Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Garmin, Venu, vívoactive, Forerunner, fēnix and vívomove are registered trademarks and Garmin Connect and Connect IQ are trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Notice on Forward-Looking Statements:
This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Garmin Ltd. and its business. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting Garmin, including, but not limited to, the risk factors listed in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 28, 2019, filed by Garmin with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission file number 0-31983). A copy of such Form 10-K is available at https://www.garmin.com/en-US/company/investors/earnings/. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Garmin undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Category: Sports & Fitness, Wearables
Mary Thompson Woodbury