Updates continue E2open’s march to network global economic capacity. The value of an operating platform with a multi-enterprise network at the core has never been more clear.
AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--E2open, the network for the emerging digital economy, today announced the release of its fourth quarter technology update, with enhancements to help clients further automate complex global supply and distribution processes, make better decisions and become more resilient to disruptions in an increasingly uncertain economy. Clients can benefit from new network and application capabilities for improved performance, faster integration to ecosystem partners and lower overall cost of ownership.
“Global operations continue to get increasingly complex, requiring a greater level of orchestration for sourcing, contract manufacturing, transportation, import, export and distribution activities across a wide array of ecosystem partners,” said Pawan Joshi, executive vice president of product management and strategy for E2open. “Seamlessly connecting all tiers of upstream and downstream partners and automating these processes provides a strategic advantage to our clients allowing them to identify risks and opportunities early and take corrective actions holistically. This quarterly release expands the level of automation across core network, functional and cross-functional activities to increase data accuracy and decision quality, improve efficiency and lower operational risk. It also spotlights the speed at which E2open certifies its network add-on adapters, within weeks of a major enterprise resource planning (ERP) release, reinforcing our commitment to offer clients the latest interoperability options to quickly, easily and cost effectively connect to any and all systems.”
Some of the primary enhancements in this release include:
- Automated duplicate invoice detection, automated validation of rebates adjustments and visibility to reasons for zero or partial rebate payments give brand owners confidence that channel revenue is accurate, incentives fraud is prevented and sales reps are rewarded fairly.
- New exception auto-resolution propagates corrections across all relevant partner data in one click dramatically improving productivity.
- Availability of a larger variety of best-in-class marketing activities templates with improved designs and impressive layouts improve user experience for both partners and customers.
Demand Sensing and Business Planning
- New service-time based optimization improves inventory performance for make-to-order businesses. This improves on time, in-full performance, reducing penalties on brand-owners and improving retailer satisfaction.
- Enhancements to deployment planning improve supply plan accuracy with product distribution based on fair share allocation rules. New transport load features convert shipment plans into truckload or containers, simplifying logistics execution and reducing costs.
- New “Discussions” feature simplifies real-time collaboration with intuitive online chat directly within Harmony® for planning applications. Both internal and ecosystem partner communications are captured and archived, providing a knowledge repository that can be tapped for future process improvements and better decisions.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) enhancements in demand planning accelerate machine learning to reduce the time for initial deployments and enable ongoing auto-tuning for maximum forecast accuracy.
Global Trade Management
- As the Brexit date approaches, E2open’s Global Knowledge® trade content database adds 21 new Trade Agreements related to UK trade programs, keeping clients current in a fluid regulatory landscape. Constant updates ensure that every shipment complies with new regulations and filed to qualify for the best possible duty rates.
- The Customs Filing application continues to be enhanced with greater coverage of US Automated Customs Entry (ACE) query functionality allowing importers to collect, share, track and process required trade information.
- E2open also received the seal of approval from Belgium customs as a certified Belgium PLDA Import and Export filing vendor.
Transportation & Logistics
- Enhanced transportation rating capabilities let clients see and apply contracted ocean and air rates with their preferred carriers directly in the Transportation Management application. This extra level of transparency helps drive more accurate and timely decision-making when booking shipments.
- Carriers can now efficiently manage container re-use pricing across multiple haulage and carrier modes on the Avantida platform. Users can easily change custom price exceptions for location-specific and carrier- or merchant-haulage scenarios.
- Actionable shipper dashboards in the ocean-booking platform improve usability and increase efficiency while orchestrating all shipment tasks. These intuitive graphical dashboards also display the workflow status of all shipments in progress.
- Improve productivity with manufacturing transactional enhancements that enable multiple inbound data feeds to be processed in parallel. This significantly increases the processing rate of events to support high-volume serial number consumption data.
- Improve manufacturing visibility with the new performance metrics dashboard, which provides trending information on key operational metrics and enables users to compare performance patterns for an individual supplier or across multiple suppliers.
- To achieve set business objectives, brand owners and logistics service providers can effectively comply with contracted volumes by enabling splits across multiple partners based on predefined allocation rules for inbound and outbound processes.
- Streamline data management and improve user experience through location master enhancements that provide a modern user interface and advanced validation rules helping to reduce data entry errors in both transportation planning and execution workflows.
- Enhance time to value with faster onboarding, lower costs and a quicker response from low-volume suppliers through email-based collaboration on blanket purchase orders and scheduling agreement-based procurement processes.
- Reduce product testing risk with lab requests that capture safety ratings at a granular level for lab and brand level attributes to enable validation across samples and ensure compliance with safety, quality and performance standards.
- Clients planning to upgrade to the latest 2020 version or currently running the 1909 version of SAP's S/4HANA ERP system can now use E2open's certified add-on to rapidly integrate with the entire application suite. This benefits all clients with SAP migration plans from ECC to S/4HANA and continues E2open’s commitment to stay current with the latest S/4HANA offerings, receiving certification less than a month after SAP released its 2020 version.
- Out-of-the-box configurations of E2open’s SAP Adapter are now available for Export Management application to quickly enable data flows between their SAP systems and the cloud-based application.
Learn More About Technology Updates
As a cloud-based offering, E2open consistently brings the best in channel and supply chain management technology to clients, with many more updates than are shared in this press release. To learn more, please join us for the 20.4 technology update webinar. Additionally, E2open clients can access all technology update webinars through the MyE2open client portal.
At E2open, we’re creating a more connected, intelligent supply chain. It starts with sensing and responding to real-time demand, supply and delivery constraints. Bringing together data from clients, distribution channels, suppliers, contract manufacturers and logistics partners, our collaborative and agile supply chain platform enables companies to use data in real time, with artificial intelligence and machine learning to drive smarter decisions. All this complex information is delivered in a single view that encompasses your demand, supply and logistics ecosystems. E2open is changing everything. Demand. Supply. Delivered. Visit www.e2open.com.
E2open, the E2open logo, Global Knowledge and Harmony are registered trademarks of E2open, LLC, or its affiliates. All other trademarks, registered trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.
This Announcement is not a proxy statement or solicitation of a proxy, consent or authorization with respect to any securities or in respect of the business combination between E2open and CCNB1 (the “Business Combination”) and shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy the securities of CC Neuberger Principal Holdings I (“CCNB1”) or E2open, LLC (“E2open”), nor shall there be any sale of any such securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation, or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of such state or jurisdiction. No offer of securities shall be made except by means of a prospectus meeting the requirements of the Securities Act.
Certain statements in this Announcement may be considered forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements generally relate to future events or CCNB1’s or E2open’s future financial or operating performance. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as “may”, “should”, “expect”, “intend”, “will”, “estimate”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “predict”, “potential” or “continue”, or the negatives of these terms or variations of them or similar terminology. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties, and other factors which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements.
These forward-looking statements are based upon estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable by CCNB1 and its management, and E2open and its management, as the case may be, are inherently uncertain. Factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations include, but are not limited to: (1) the occurrence of any event, change or other circumstances that could give rise to the termination of negotiations and any subsequent definitive agreements with respect to the Business Combination; (2) the outcome of any legal proceedings that may be instituted against CCNB1, the combined company or others following the announcement of the Business Combination and any definitive agreements with respect thereto; (3) the inability to complete the Business Combination due to the failure to obtain approval of the shareholders of CCNB1, to obtain financing to complete the Business Combination or to satisfy other conditions to closing; (4) changes to the proposed structure of the Business Combination that may be required or appropriate as a result of applicable laws or regulations or as a condition to obtaining regulatory approval of the Business Combination; (5) the ability to meet stock exchange listing standards following the consummation of the Business Combination; (6) the risk that the Business Combination disrupts current plans and operations of the Company as a result of the announcement and consummation of the Business Combination; (7) the ability to recognize the anticipated benefits of the Business Combination, which may be affected by, among other things, competition, the ability of the combined company to grow and manage growth profitably, maintain relationships with customers and suppliers and retain its management and key employees; (8) costs related to the Business Combination; (9) changes in applicable laws or regulations; (10) the possibility that E2open or the combined company may be adversely affected by other economic, business, and/or competitive factors; (11) E2open’s estimates of expenses and profitability; and (12) other risks and uncertainties set forth in the section entitled “Risk Factors” and “Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements” in CCNB1’s final prospectus relating to its initial public offering dated April 23, 2020.
Nothing in this Announcement should be regarded as an Announcement by any person that the forward-looking statements set forth herein will be achieved or that any of the contemplated results of such forward-looking statements will be achieved. You should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date they are made. Neither CCNB1 nor E2open undertakes any duty to update these forward-looking statements.
In connection with the Business Combination, including the domestication of CCNB1 as a Delaware corporation, CCNB1 intends to file with the SEC a registration statement on Form S-4 containing a preliminary proxy statement and a preliminary prospectus of CCNB1, and after the registration statement is declared effective, CCNB1 will mail a definitive proxy statement/prospectus relating to the proposed Business Combination to its shareholders. This Announcement does not contain all the information that should be considered concerning the proposed Business Combination and is not intended to form the basis of any investment decision or any other decision in respect of the Business Combination. CCNB1’s shareholders and other interested persons are advised to read, when available, the preliminary proxy statement/prospectus and the amendments thereto and the definitive proxy statement/prospectus and other documents filed in connection with the proposed Business Combination, as these materials will contain important information about CCNB1, E2open and the Business Combination. When available, the definitive proxy statement/prospectus and other relevant materials for the proposed Business Combination will be mailed to shareholders of CCNB1 as of a record date to be established for voting on the proposed Business Combination. Shareholders will also be able to obtain copies of the preliminary proxy statement/prospectus, the definitive proxy statement/prospectus and other documents filed with the SEC, without charge, once available, at the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov, or by directing a request to: CC Neuberger Principal Holdings 1, 200 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10166.
Participants in the Solicitation
CCNB1 and its directors and executive officers may be deemed participants in the solicitation of proxies from CCNB1’s shareholders with respect to the proposed Business Combination. A list of the names of those directors and executive officers and a description of their interests in CCNB1 is contained in CCNB1’s final prospectus related to its initial public offering dated April 23, 2020, which was filed with the SEC and is available free of charge at the SEC’s web site at www.sec.gov, or by directing a request to CC Neuberger Principal Holdings 1, 200 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10166. Additional information regarding the interests of such participants will be contained in the proxy statement/prospectus for the proposed Business Combination when available.
E2open and its directors and executive officers may also be deemed to be participants in the solicitation of proxies from the shareholders of CCNB1 in connection with the proposed Business Combination. A list of the names of such directors and executive officers and information regarding their interests in the proposed Business Combination will be included in the proxy statement for the proposed Business Combination when available.
Sales and Customer Information:
Diane Mitchell | VP, Corporate Marketing | E2open | Diane.Mitchell@e2open.com | 512-735-5692
WE Communications for E2open | email@example.com | 512-527-7029