The BLAST u4 delivers minimalist consumer design with carrier-class reliability, management, and insight; eliminating the need for subscribers to visit big-box stores for the latest router
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--$CALX #BLASTu4--Calix, Inc. (NYSE: CALX) today launched the new GigaSpire® BLAST u4, which gives communications service providers (CSPs) an exciting new option to deliver the ultimate Wi-Fi experience, with flexible, plug-and-play deployment. With the introduction of the BLAST u4, the family of BLAST systems is now optimized for every use case—from studio apartments to expansive homes. Like all BLAST systems, the u4 delivers the carrier-class capabilities CSPs need to delight subscribers while maintaining the lowest possible operating cost in their business. The u4 differentiates in design, delivering all those capabilities, with cutting-edge Wi-Fi 6 encased in a compact, minimalist design that will appeal to the most aesthetically demanding consumer.
The release of the BLAST u4 demonstrates Calix’s continued commitment to helping CSPs be first to market with the latest technology consumers want and need. Because it’s powered by the EXOS® platform and part of the Revenue EDGE solution, the BLAST u4 will help CSPs of all sizes eliminate churn, increase average revenue per user (ARPU), and attract new subscribers. Any service provider using the Revenue EDGE can integrate a BLAST system into its back-office operations in days versus the typical months or even years. To make launching this new system even easier, the BLAST u4 is pre-integrated into Calix Support Cloud, so CSPs can take advantage of the support center, and Calix Marketing Cloud, so CSPs can leverage data-driven marketing campaigns. As with all BLAST systems, the CSP’s branded CommandIQ™ mobile app and EDGE Suites are fully integrated, establishing the CSP’s branded virtual storefront with revenue-generating services in multiple rooms in the home.
“Especially now, with so many around the world working and learning from home due to the COVID-19 crisis, broadband performance is absolutely critical, but both service providers and consumers are also trying to be as resource-efficient as possible,” said Michael Philpott, research director for consumer services at Omdia. “These two seemingly conflicting ends make this concept of ensuring the right-sized bandwidth for every use case critically important. Calix has introduced a new element to its home Wi-Fi portfolio that enables service providers to deliver a more tailored home connectivity experience to their subscribers regardless of their residences.”
The BLAST u4 delivers:
- Leading consumer design: The minimalist, consumer design of the BLAST u4 allows CSPs to offer a system that can effectively place their brands in the living room of even the most design-conscious subscriber.
- Carrier-class capabilities: By eschewing design choices that can reduce reliability, such as internal fans, the u4 ensures carrier-class reliability while delivering capabilities such as TR-069, IPTV support via multiple LAN ports, and cloud analytics.
- Optimized price and performance: A single BLAST u4 delivers incredible performance within a small to medium-sized residence, while multiple systems can be easily configured to cover large homes or small businesses. Optional wall-mounting capabilities and separate power cord means the BLAST u4 can live anywhere in the home—unlike mesh systems that plug directly into electrical outlets which are typically too low to the ground for optimal performance.
- Intelligent mesh: All BLAST systems can operate as a mesh satellite for an existing system, making the BLAST u4 and the Mesh BLAST u4m the ideal systems to extend and optimize the Ultimate Wi-Fi experience.
- Leading security: The BLAST u4 incorporates the latest security features, such as WPA-3 and physically unclonable functions (PUF). These features, along with the ProtectIQ™ suite, ensure subscribers who work or learn from home are safe from attacks on their devices, as well as viruses, malware, and other internet-based intrusions.
“The GigaSpire BLAST u4 is a perfect balance between a beautiful consumer aesthetic and carrier-class reliability, management, and insight. There are no compromises in this system as evidenced by the industry leading Wi-Fi 6 performance that enables a CSP to deliver the ultimate Wi-Fi experience to their subscribers,” said Michael Weening, chief operating officer for Calix. “We have always asserted that the greatest threat to the CSP is a consumer brand entering the home. Consumer product companies are focused on putting their brand first, owning the subscriber, and eventually turning the CSP into a dumb pipe that can be easily swapped out. The BLAST u4 and the Revenue EDGE solution ensure that subscribers get cutting-edge performance, a competitive price, and an aesthetic that eliminates consumer routers from consideration. This unique combination will ensure that the CSP’s brand is front and center in the home while delivering the lowest OPEX possible for customer support reps and field technicians. As Calix expands our ecosystem of Revenue EDGE suites, the u4 will support completely new subscriber experiences that CSPs can launch with virtually zero integration time and the full support of the Calix Customer Success team, which is the best way to eliminate churn, grow ARPU, and attract new subscribers.”
Learn more about the Revenue EDGE solution and the Wi-Fi 6 certified EDGE Systems at the upcoming ConneXions 2020 virtual customer and learning event. Register for our September 30 webinar, “Right size the subscriber experience: New ways to deliver the BLAST ultimate Wi-Fi experience.”
Calix, Inc. (NYSE: CALX) – Innovative communications service providers rely on Calix platforms to help them master and monetize the complex infrastructure between their subscribers and the cloud. Calix is the leading global provider of the cloud and software platforms, systems, and services required to deliver the unified access network and smart premises of tomorrow. Our platforms and services help our customers build next generation networks by embracing a DevOps operating model, optimize the subscriber experience by leveraging big data analytics and turn the complexity of the smart, connected home and business into new revenue streams.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements that are based upon management's current expectations and are inherently uncertain. Forward-looking statements are based upon information available to us as of the date of this release, and we assume no obligation to revise or update any such forward-looking statement to reflect any event or circumstance after the date of this release, except as required by law. Actual results and the timing of events could differ materially from current expectations based on risks and uncertainties affecting Calix’s business. The reader is cautioned not to rely on the forward-looking statements contained in this press release. Additional information on potential factors that could affect Calix's results and other risks and uncertainties are detailed in its quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC and available at www.sec.gov.