SAN FRANCISCO –– Beekeeper said it has closed $5 million in venture capital financing. The seed round was led by FYRFLY Venture Partners with additional investment by b-to-v Partners, Polytech Ecosystem Ventures, and several highly regarded angel investors including Ariel Luedi and Niklas Ostberg. Beekeeper will use the new financing to accelerate growth for the company’s employee communications platform among retail, hospitality and manufacturing leaders. Luedi and FYRFLY Venture Partners’ General Partner and Co-Founder, Philipp Stauffer, have joined Beekeeper’s board of directors, which also includes Beekeeper CEO, Cristian Grossmann, and Beekeeper CTO, Flavio Pfaffhauser.
Beekeeper transforms employee communication and engagement with a mobile-first solution designed specifically for service and blue-collar employees who work shifts, don’t sit at desks, and are distant from corporate management — both in mindset and location. The company’s mobile employee communications platform fosters meaningful, two-way communication and collaboration with peers, managers and Human Resources (HR) leaders, including feedback and survey tools, while providing enterprise-grade scalability, security, and analytics. Beekeeper currently has 50 enterprise clients with end users in more than 100 countries on its platform.
“Beekeeper connects unconnected workers to their employers in ways that are relevant, personal, and engaging,” said Grossmann. “Unlike the dozens of enterprise messaging companies who are trying to increase the productivity of desktop workers and teams, we are helping companies increase meaningful engagement for the 70% of the global workforce who don’t sit at desks all day. The results are immediate, measurable, and powerful as companies using Beekeeper rapidly boost efficiency and reduce costs and churn.”
Beekeeper empowers companies to go beyond bulletin boards and email to communicate and engage with all employees within a powerful, secure mobile app. Companies using Beekeeper effectively foster real-time collaboration, engagement, and insight through:
- Peer-to-Peer Mobile Messaging: Rapidly exchange images, texts, and documents for faster decisions, responses, and operational communication — no text or email needed.
- Communication Streams: Celebrate success, foster employee recognition, push new products and comply with health and safety information requirements – instantly across tens or hundreds of locations.
- Employee Mobile Surveys: Listen and gather structured feedback from the front lines to improve processes and products, as well as gain new understanding of employees’ concerns and overall satisfaction.
- Advanced Analytics: Use actionable business intelligence to identify and involve influential employees, optimize content, and raise HR effectiveness.
- Smart Automation: Automate recurring communication flows for onboarding new people with a flexible and trigger based workflow system, or send automated messages to selected segments of your employees to promote process updates.